Cracking Forums
Donkey Kong Country series - Printable Version

+- Cracking Forums (http://www.cracking-forums.com)
+-- Forum: Game Domain (http://www.cracking-forums.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Game Series (http://www.cracking-forums.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Donkey Kong Country series (/thread-80.html)

Pages: 1 2

Donkey Kong Country series - Grungie - 11-11-2015

I'm a big fan of the series, and very glad that DKC Returns is a great game. I wish I had a Wii U to play the sequel.

I have very strong memories of the first DKC, probably cuz it's my first game, but I still play it 20 years later.

RE: Donkey Kong Country series - -AnthraX- - 11-12-2015

AWW YEAAAH! Give it up for some DK! The only real "rival" to the Mario series.

Well potentially, if Rare wasn't sold. and if Sonic didn't suck

RE: Donkey Kong Country series - Grungie - 11-13-2015

Lol, I love the Genesis Sonic games and Adventure 2

RE: Donkey Kong Country series - Queenie - 11-13-2015

(11-12-2015, 06:28 PM)-AnthraX- Wrote: AWW YEAAAH! Give it up for some DK! The only real "rival" to the Mario series.

Well potentially, if Rare wasn't sold. and if Sonic didn't suck

B-but the Yoshi games ;_;

DKC series is great. Wasn't hugely fond of the first one because I played the later ones first and they improved on it a lot. I need to play more Tropical Freeze.

I think 1 was better than 3. I wasn't too fond of some of the additions to 3

RE: Donkey Kong Country series - Crackin355 - 11-13-2015

I tried playing one of the earlier DKC games and couldn't get into it. I just wasn't having a good time. Also I really hate the way those games look. I hear people say they think they look great and I can't see it in the slightest.

Returns was really enjoyable though. I haven't played Tropical Freeze but I'd like to.

Nobody cares about your Negative Nancy post

RE: Donkey Kong Country series - Queenie - 11-14-2015

(11-13-2015, 12:16 PM)Grungie Wrote: I think 1 was better than 3. I wasn't too fond of some of the additions to 3
I liked how 3 was more puzzley than the other two, you really had to think about how to use Dixie's and Kiddie's moves to get the collectables and beat the bosses.

(11-13-2015, 02:41 PM)Crackin355 Wrote: Also I really hate the way those games look. I hear people say they think they look great and I can't see it in the slightest.
That's funny because DKC2 and 3 are two of the only three SNES games that I think look good (the other being Yoshi's Island).

People appreciate the look because they were some of the first games to use pre-rendered 3D graphics which was hella expensive to produce and really difficult to use with the tech restrictions of the SNES. They may look dated now but at the time it was revolutionary.

RE: Donkey Kong Country series - Grungie - 11-14-2015

That wasn't what bothered me. I didnt like things like the banana birds, and I didn't feel like the level designs were that strong. There weren't as many levels that made a big impression on me like the other two games did.

RE: Donkey Kong Country series - Crackin355 - 11-17-2015

(11-13-2015, 04:02 PM)Grungie Wrote: Nobody cares about your Negative Nancy post
[Image: Y3KYG0j.png]
(11-14-2015, 02:52 AM)Queenie Wrote:
(11-13-2015, 02:41 PM)Crackin355 Wrote: Also I really hate the way those games look. I hear people say they think they look great and I can't see it in the slightest.
That's funny because DKC2 and 3 are two of the only three SNES games that I think look good (the other being Yoshi's Island). 

People appreciate the look because they were some of the first games to use pre-rendered 3D graphics which was hella expensive to produce and really difficult to use with the tech restrictions of the SNES. They may look dated now but at the time it was revolutionary.
I see, I just get super bothered by how weird the animated characters/enemies look in comparison to every background. Feels like they're walking in front of the level rather than on it, it bothered me too much. Gameplay-wise it was fine I guess. I just didn't enjoy it. Maybe I'd enjoy it nowadays but I don't really care too much about the DKC series so I think I'll just leave it. It gets a lot of praise for a reason so obviously it's just a problem on my end.