Cracking Forums
Favorite season of the year? - Printable Version

+- Cracking Forums (http://www.cracking-forums.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (http://www.cracking-forums.com/forum-20.html)
+--- Forum: Chit Chat (http://www.cracking-forums.com/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite season of the year? (/thread-115.html)

Pages: 1 2

Favorite season of the year? - Sprink - 03-29-2016

With the end of March nearing, most of us are also putting the cold weather behind for a while. 

What's your guys' favorite season? Everyone has their different preference, after all.

Spring is my favorite season. Not too warm, not freezing outside, and has a fair amount of both Sun and Rain. Both of which I enjoy depending on how I'm feeling.

RE: Favorite season of the year? - Queenie - 03-29-2016

I hate winter. It's always dark and cold. I'm on my way to work now and it's still dark >=( Plus we go back to standard time next week which is a reminder of shit times ahead. The only thing that keeps me going is footy season.

Summer > Autumn > Spring > Winter

RE: Favorite season of the year? - Grungie - 03-29-2016

I like the feeling/look of autumn/fall

I do miss seeing 4 seasons after being in England for coming up to a year now. One week of summer, chilly and cloudy for a majority of the year, then cloudy and single digit Celsius degrees for the winter months. Then it drizzles more than once every other week.

I can see why Brits always bitch about the weather.

RE: Favorite season of the year? - Sprink - 03-29-2016

(03-29-2016, 08:31 PM)Grungie Wrote: I can see why Brits always bitch about the weather.

I had no idea you were in English land. The more you know.

I hear about the dreary, cloudy, rainy weather all of the time from those that I do know across the pond there.

(03-29-2016, 08:22 PM)Queenie Wrote: I hate winter. It's always dark and cold. I'm on my way to work now and it's still dark >=( Plus we go back to standard time next week which is a reminder of shit times ahead. The only thing that keeps me going is footy season.

Summer > Autumn > Spring > Winter

I'm at a tie of whether I hate Summer on Winter more, since I hate extreme heats as much as I hate the negative temperatures we get in Fahrenheit here. I can't complain too much about Summer here though, since you Aussies get it pretty brutal as far as heat goes. How do you survive so happily in such heat?

(03-29-2016, 08:40 PM)Sprink Wrote: I had no idea you were in English land. The more you know.

I hear about the dreary, cloudy, rainy weather all of the time from those that I do know across the pond there.

I've mentioned it a few times on here that I work/live in Limey Land. Though yeah, the cloudy weather is no joke. Also it's kind of depressing in the winter here when sunset is at 3:30, so by 4 it's completely dark. I do enjoy the summer sunset of 10pm though.

(03-29-2016, 08:59 PM)Grungie Wrote: I've mentioned it a few times on here that I work/live in Limey Land. Though yeah, the cloudy weather is no joke. Also it's kind of depressing in the winter here when sunset is at 3:30, so by 4 it's completely dark. I do enjoy the summer sunset of 10pm though.

Now that you mention it, I think I do recall a time or two you've said that. Must've slipped my mind, sorry.

Being in New Jersey, Summer is a tad too brutal for me. The humidity skyrockets and I lose my ability to feasibly breathe in some cases, and while I do like the rain, even that brings me a sense of dread, since it also increases the humidity just as much as it cools the temperature down a tad. I probably bitch too much when I get started about it, but it really does feel like the worst of both worlds when it gets bad.

How hot does it get in Jersey? I've lived in places like Memphis and Atlanta where it's not unusual to see 100+ degrees in July.

(03-29-2016, 10:15 PM)Grungie Wrote: How hot does it get in Jersey? I've lived in places like Memphis and Atlanta where it's not unusual to see 100+ degrees in July.

If a summer is generous it hovers anywhere from the high 80's and low 90's. If a summer is brutal, we get heatwaves of mid-high 90's going into 100+ with a constant high humidity, making it worse than normal. While it's not the most brutal weather, humidity still makes things nearly unbearable if you can't get into some nice Air Conditioning.

RE: Favorite season of the year? - Crackin355 - 03-29-2016

Winter, I enjoy the colder weather. It tends to rain as well.

RE: Favorite season of the year? - Daevangelion - 03-31-2016

Winter is definitely my preference, 9-18 degrees centigrade.